Never Say Never

Yes, we train with bokkens. We learn to defend empty hand against attacks with weapons. But what is the likelihood of facing an attacker with a sword in the modern world? Certainly low, but not zero. Here's a link to a post about a man that faced a sword. He prevailed, barely, and then only through the use of a firearm.

He was sitting at his desk. The attack began with a thrust to the shoulder that pushed him backwards out of his chair. As he got up off the floor...
Anyway, the jerk with the sword had run around my desk, and I was finding myself fending off repeated stabs to me by using my hands and arms as parrying instruments. Not recommended behavior.
Gives the weapons classes a whole new relevance.

1 comment:

Retro Martial Arts said...

Well explained and interesting reading